Co-sponsored by the ALA Membership Development Office
AASL will cover the cost difference between student membership rates and regular membership rates for three consecutive years
While there is a percentage of AASL student members who decide to go into another specialty, AASL believes that many find the ‘leap’ from student membership dues to regular membership dues a financial hardship. By offering this scholarship program, AASL and ALA will “bridge” this increase in rates in order to give student members the opportunity to establish themselves both in their career and financially.
- Applicant is a lapsed student member whose membership expired after September 1, 2014.
- Applicant is a current student member whose membership will expire before August 31, 2016.
- Scholarship recipients will paired with a mentor and assigned to an AASL committee for each year of the scholarship.
- Program participants will be selected based on financial need and ability to contribute to the association. While applicants are not required to demonstrate financial need in order to apply, a lack of information will decrease the overall rubric score.
- Scholarship recipients will be asked to maintain their membership for three years following the scholarship.
- Recipients will be asked to submit a short annual report/survey to help AASL make necessary changes or improvements to the program.
Questions? Contact Allison Cline, 800-545-2433 x 4385